St Margaret, Ockley
St. Margaret’s was built around 1300 and is dedicated to St. Margaret of Antioch. Originally a simple nave with a sanctuary, the porch was added in about 1600, the tower rebuilt in 1700, and the north aisle added in 1873. The six bells hung in 1701 are reputedly the oldest complete set in Surrey. The graffiti at St Margaret’s is concentrated around the exterior of the south door and consists, in the main, of post-medieval letters and initials, including a number of interlocking V symbols. The west jamb of the door has some very heavy vertical score lines, one with two centrally dotted semi circles extending from the main line.